Quality and Governance Officer
- Dynamic Work Environment in a spectacular location
- Excellent remuneration package ($85,173.05 to $89,593.09)
- Outstanding career opportunity
- Diverse and supportive work team
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Quality and Governance Officer to join the Corporate Services Department of Barkly Regional Council.
About the role
The Quality and Governance Officer, a full-time position based in Tennant Creek, delivers high-quality governance support to the organisation to ensure best practice corporate governance and legislative compliance. This position will oversee all compliance functions within the organisation. This position requires excellent computer skills, attention to detail, and a high standard of "Proof Reading" abilities.
What we need from you:
- Tertiary qualification in law and current Australian practising certificate or similar
- Experience in the delivering legal services within a corporate law firm or in-house for an organisation operating in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in providing advice on legal and governance matters, together with problem solving skills, meticulous attention to detail, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Experienced in contributing to an environment of excellence in governance practices to enable the Council and its Committees to operate at their best.
- Local Government experience will be highly regarded
Does this sound like you?
- Experience in Quality and Governance
- The ability to be self-directed and self-managed
- Exceptional communication skills- both written and verbal
- Strong capability in IT with high skill in Microsoft suite
- Energy, positivity, and the ability to build rapport quickly
A few points to consider:
- You need to be eligible to work in Australia
- Be happy to complete a Criminal History Check
- Be able to secure a Working with Children Check
Be part of something bigger
At Barkly Regional Council, we support your career. Ready to join our team? Click Apply. For more information about this role and the innovative suite of benefits on offer, Click and Download https://barklyregionalcouncil.recruitmenthub.com.au/joblist/downloadpdf/5937746 the Position Description or contact our recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
https://barklyregionalcouncil.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5937746.
We look forward to hearing from you!
It is a mandatory requirement that all council staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
At Council, we value diversity. Suitably qualified local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.