Community Coordinator - Barkly Regional Council
About the role
As our new Community Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing leadership, management and supervision for the day to day community programs and services, to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our community.
You will love the opportunity to put your leadership skills to use, as you lead a team of community and program staff, while interacting with all other areas in the Council area. There will also be an important focus on liaising with the Local Authority Group.
This position is a key delivery position in a remote community and is directly responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of community services.
- Ensure that all Local Government services and responsibilities are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Supervise staff and report to the Director of Operations in relation to staff performance.
- Contribute to the development of the Regional Plan which incorporates the community by developing strategies and initiatives for inclusion in the plan.
- Provide support for the Local Authority Group.
- Develop an annual community budget for inclusion in the council budget.
- Be proactive in the development of relevant plans.
Who are we looking for?
This Management position oversees the provision of a range of municipal and community services. As the occupant of this position, you will have strong project and people management skills, and an in-depth understanding of the issues facing Indigenous communities.
Why join us?
This is a great opportunity to take that next step in your career, to use your skills, make a positive community contribution, and enjoy the remote regional Australian lifestyle. Additionally, we can offer you an attractive range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary (Barkly Regional Council EBA - Level 9)
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Remote living allowance
- Housing in Community
- Training, mentoring, and career development opportunities
Click the 'Apply for this job' button to apply and for further information.
It is a mandatory requirement that all council staff are fully vaccinated for covid-19.
We value diversity. Suitably qualified Local, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and Disability applicants, are encouraged to apply for this position.