Community Engagement Lead - Barkly Regional Deal
The Barkly Regional Deal is the first regional deal in Australia - a 10 year, $78.4 million commitment between the Australian Government, the Northern Territory Government and Barkly Regional Council.
The Community Engagement Lead will assist the Barkly Regional Deal Backbone Team's implementation of the 28 Initiatives under the Barkly Regional Deal, which fall into the three categories of Economic Development, Social Development, and Culture and Place-Making. The Barkly Regional Backbone Team is based in Tennant Creek and will work to deliver these initiatives across the Barkly Region.
To achieve our goal of engaging with as many people across the Barkly as possible we need a passionate, committed person with excellent communication skills to join the Backbone Team! Are you who we're looking for?
If you are, you're an excellent communicator and enjoy bringing people together. You're passionate about improving the outcomes for people in the community and respect and value people's opinions even when they are different from your own; further to that you know and understand people from Tennant Creek and the communities around the Barkly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To engage and excite the Barkly community to get involved with the first Regional Deal in Australia and help people understand why it's so special!
- To help people understand the unique opportunities that the deal offers, and motivate the people of Tennant Creek and the Barkly to make the most of it!
- Be willing to learn and use a "collective impact" approach to community engagement.
- Help organise events and run workshops in Tennant Creek and communities around the Barkly
- Strategically communicate with a range of key stakeholders including the three Government partners.
- Provide administrative support to the Backbone Team at meetings.
- Be a professional, competent and committed public facing member of the Backbone Team.
What you need:
- Understand the background of the Barkly Regional Deal and the 28 Initiatives.
- Understand the high level goals and aspirations of the Barkly Regional Deal initiatives.
- Information and communication technology skills and experience is preferable including the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media Platforms.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders including government, non-government and community members in a regional and remote context.
We're a passionate bunch and we pride ourselves in creating a culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that our people have a wide range of goals and ambitions and so we offer a wide range of benefits to suit you!
For more information on how to apply please contact The Barkly Regional Deal Backbone Team on 0427 193 469.
We value diversity. Suitably qualified Local, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and Disability applicants, are encouraged to apply for this position.