Regional Youth Sports and Recreation Coordinator
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Remote living allowance per annum
- 6 weeks recreation leave per year
- Relocation assistance
This position provides training, mentoring and support to remote Youth Sport and Recreation Team Leaders in the Barkly Region and operational support to the Regional Community Development Manager. Although based in Tennant Creek this position spends most of their time in the Barkly Region remote communities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the delivery of the Youth Sport and Recreation program on designated communities in the Barkly Region
- Mentoring new Youth Sport and Recreation Team Leaders and Officers- including training and instruction on how to run activities and the program
- Coordinating Barkly communities to attend competition sport in the NT
- Maintaining records and documents providing accurate and timely reports to the Regional Community Development Manager
- Covering extended periods of leave for Team Leaders in the Barkly Region
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with excellent team working skills. Your passion for the positive impact that Youth, Sport and Recreation activities can have in community life, combined with your experience, knowledge and skills, will mean that you are well suited to this role. Ideally you will have experience working in a similar role.
Suitable qualifications and experience for this position include:
- An understanding of Aboriginal Culture and Aboriginal Issues
- Relevant formal qualifications
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Demonstrated experience organising and running Youth, Sport and Recreation activities
- Demonstrated experience writing reports and data collection
- A sound understanding of Workplace Health and Safety
- Experience working in the Barkly Region will be an advantage
We're a passionate bunch and we pride ourselves in creating a culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that our people have a wide range of goals and ambitions and so we offer a wide range of benefits to suit you!
We value diversity. Suitably qualified Local, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and Disability applicants, are encouraged to apply for this position.