Municipal Works Supervisor - Ampilatwatja
Are you passionate about general maintenance?
Use your exceptional skills and passion to achieve great community outcomes as part of our Council and depot Team!
An exciting opportunity exists for someone who enjoys municipal work, the outback lifestyle, and living and working in the community. As the Municipal Works Supervisor, you will play an important role in ensuring that core municipal services are provided to the community of Ampilatwatja. A background in the building trades and remote work would be helpful, but is not essential.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Six weeks' recreational leave
- Training, mentoring, and career development
- Relocation assistance
- General manual activities in the capacity of Supervisor and on the ground
- Ensure daily maintenance programs for tools and machinery are completed
- Operation of large plant equipment, Rubbish Compactor, Backhoe, Mowers, Graders
- Staff management, clerical duties associated with payroll and general administration duties
- Complete stocktake duties where required and control record keeping system for all relevant assets
- Ensure code of practice is adhered to in relation to Occupational Health and Safety
- Provide accurate record keeping and cost coding for financial purposes as necessary
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and Aboriginal Issues
- Hold current or equivalent of Northern Territory MR (Medium Rigid) licence minimum or desire to obtain
- Previous experience in Municipal Services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to work as part of a small team
- Proven ability to problem solve and people manage
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Must be willing to complete and pass a NT Criminal History Check
- Experience working in the Barkly Region will be an advantage
- 4WD experience desirable
You will also need to obtain an Ochre Card and undergo a National Police Criminal History check. You may also need to have a current Driver's Licence. At Council we value diversity. Suitably qualified local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.