Youth Sport and Recreation Team Leader
This position is the first point of contact for (Alpurrurulam) community youth, sport and recreation programs in the community. The role is responsible for establishing and building positive collaborative relationships with community members in accordance with Barkly Council strategies and policies pertaining to facility access and use. The Team Leader will mentor Sport & Recreation Officers under the "Grow our own" principle of Barkly Council.
Role duties include:
- Coordinate and deliver Youth, Sport and Recreation activities (including Out of Hours School Care and Vacation Care programs)
- Mentor on the job, the Youth, Sport and Recreation Officers including training and instruction on how to run activities
- Creating rosters for the Youth, Sport and Recreation Staff
- In conjunction with the Youth, Sport and Recreation Officers, develop regular activities to meet identified Youth, Sport and Recreation needs
- Order equipment and supplies for the activities and programs
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with excellent team working skills to ignite our Sports & Rec programs in various communities. Your passion for the positive impact that Youth, Sport and Recreation activities can have in community life, combined with your experience, knowledge and skills, will mean that you are well suited to this role. Ideally, you will have experience working in a similar role.
Suitable qualifications and experience for this position include:
- An understanding of Aboriginal Culture and Aboriginal Issues
- Relevant formal qualifications or demonstrated experience running Youth, Sport and Recreation activities
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated experience writing reports and data collection
- A sound understanding of Workplace Health and Safety
- Experience working in the Barkly Region will be an advantage
- 4WD experience desirable
You will also need to obtain an Ochre Card and undergo a National Police Criminal History check. You may also need to have a current Driver's Licence.
You will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Six weeks' recreational leave
- Salary sacrifice options
- Training, mentoring, and career development
- Relocation assistance
At Council we value diversity. Suitably qualified local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.