Community Coordinator - Barkly Regional Council
An exciting opportunity to work as a Community Coordinator for the Wutunugurra Community. This Management position overseas the provision of a range of municipal and community services. As the occupant of this position, you will have strong project and people management skills, and an in-depth understanding of the issues facing Indigenous communities. This is a great opportunity to take that next step in your career, to use your skills, make a positive community contribution, and to enjoy the remote regional Australia lifestyle.
As the Community Coordinator you are to lead and coordinate the successful delivery of community services and agency services within the community, to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
The role is responsible for providing leadership, management and supervision for the day to day community programs and services. This position manages the delivery of community administration, supervision and delivery of municipal services and agency operations in the community. This position leads a team of community and program staff. The role also has an important community engagement task liaising with the Local Authority Group
This position is a key delivery position in a remote community and is directly responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of community services. It leads a team of community and program staff in communities and interacts with all other areas in the Council area. The Community Coordinator is consulted or informed on most functions and activities undertaken in their area. The Community Coordinator whilst not always the supervisor of Council staff upon Communities is able through service level agreements to initiate tasks for such staff members.
- Ensure that all Local Government services and responsibilities are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Supervise staff and report to the Director of Operations in relation to staff performance.
- Contribute to the development of the Regional Plan which incorporates the community by developing strategies and initiatives for inclusion in the plan.
- Provide support for the Local Authority Group.
- Develop an annual community budget for inclusion in the council budget.
- Ensure adherence to Policies and Procedures.
- Be pro-active in the development of relevant plans.
- Prepare reports.
What we can offer
We can offer you an attractive range of benefits including:
- a competitive salary (Barkly Regional Council EBA - Level 9)
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Remote living allowance
- housing on Community
- salary sacrifice options
- training, mentoring, and career development opportunities
How to Apply
Click the 'Apply for this job' button to apply and for further information.
Applications close on 30 June 2021
If you any questions or require any further information please contact Neil Jones, People & Culture manager, on 08 8962 0000, or email email@example.com
*We value diversity. Suitably qualified Local, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and Disability applicants, are encouraged to apply for this position.