- EBA - pay point 5
- Full-time Monday to Friday
- Excellent benefits
Here at Barkly Regional Council, you will be able to work with remote Indigenous communities, do things you've never dreamed of and leave your footprints in the land of opportunity.
Due to growth, we have a full-time opportunity for a trade all-rounder/handyman, who wants to make a long-term move to a great team.
You have at least 2 years of trade experience and a knack for finding solutions. You have a can-do attitude and enjoy working in an environment where no 2 days are the same!
As our Handyman, you will hold a number of key responsibilities such as:
- Perform maintenance and light repairs (fix leaking taps, hanging and fixing doors, etc)
- Undertake light installation or carpeting
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds
- Initiate and complete Work Orders and plan, schedule and organise work within the requirements of the maintenance schedule
- Maintain punctuality, participate in flexible hours arrangement for PMS maintenance and occasions of after-hours call ups as required
Ideally, you'll have a background in the building and construction trade with some experience in working remotely and on Indigenous communities.
To be successful, you'll also have:
- A current NT driving C class or above and competent in driving a 4WD vehicle
- Experience in the delivery of minor repairs and maintenance jobs
- A Working with Children Check or willingness to get one
- Basic SMS skills
Is this the career move you've been looking for?
What we offer
A varied role with a competitive hourly rate. We are looking for someone who is keen to grow with us and contribute to the wider community. Best of all, you'll be part of a welcoming team and have fun at work.
Don't delay, apply now.